The main tasks of the Department are:
1. Development and monitoring of implementation of territorial and sectoral programs to provide employment based on a deep analysis of the real situation on the labour market in the context of the territories.
2. Preparation of proposals for formation of draft concepts of the main directions of state policy, long-term and targeted programs in field of employment.
3. Adoption of comprehensive targeted measures for development of government orders to create new jobs.
4. Coordination of activities of labour bodies in the field, based on the requirements of the labour market in formation of state programs to ensure employment.
5. Monitoring of workplaces created in accordance with projects implemented within framework of programs on individual territories approved by the Government, programs on socio-economic development of territories provided during the visit of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the regions and sectoral programs (ministries, departments and business associations).
In accordance with the assigned tasks, the Department performs the following functions:
- together with interested ministries and state bodies and bodies of local government, to coordinate the development and implementation of territorial and sectoral employment programs and effective forms of employment;
- ensuring the formation of short-term (one year), medium-term (two to three years) and long-term (more than three years) government orders for creation of jobs, programs for structural reform and diversification, comprehensive programs for the socio-economic development of territories;
- ensuring, in the prescribed manner, consideration of the state order for creation of workplaces, its submission to the state program to promote employment of population and, in the prescribed manner, the submission of the draft state program to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- analysis of continuation and reduction of jobs created under the State program to promote employment of the population and the preparation of proposals to address the identified problems;
- taking active part in the process of developing the implementation of legal acts on the creation of jobs and ensuring employment of the population;
- jointly with the Ministry of Economy and the State Statistics Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan, taking part in development of effective comprehensive measures to ensure employment based on projections for the demographic and economic development of the republic and territories;
- rendering methodical and practical assistance to the executive authorities of the local authorities in developing employment and employment creation programs;
- development of methodological and regulatory frameworks aimed at expanding the forms, introducing new forms and expanding the traditional forms of employment of the population;
- preparation of proposals to stimulate and support the development of home-based labour, family entrepreneurship, crafts and other forms of self-employment.